The Grand Traverse ex Tekapo
From $425 per person
New Zealand’s premier Aoraki Mount Cook flight-seeing experience
The Grand Traverse is recognised as the premier Aoraki Mount Cook flight-seeing experience; this magnificent flight encompasses two World Heritage National Parks and 200 km of New Zealand’s most memorable and breathtaking scenery.
The highlights of the Grand Traverse flight include:
- Beautiful turquoise glacial lakes, golden tussock lands, and the braided river systems of the Mackenzie basin
- Remote High Country Sheep Stations, glacial valleys, and landforms
- The Aoraki Mount Cook National Park – a magical world of permanent ice and snow
- New Zealand’s highest mountains and largest glaciers – including Aoraki Mount Cook and the Tasman Glacier
- The Westland Tai Poutini National Park encompassing the magnificent Franz Josef and Fox Glaciers spilling down to the rainforests of the west coast
The aircraft operated by Air Safaris are ideal for New Zealand’s conditions, offering a window seat for every passenger and have wings-above to ensure unobstructed viewing below.
Your friendly pilot will provide an informative and enjoyable commentary in addition to all passengers receiving the Air Safaris multi-language flight-guide.
The approximate time for this scenic flight is 50 minutes in the air, with the whole experience taking around 1 hour
Children are between the ages of 3 and 13 years old inclusive. Infants are between the ages of 0 and 2 years old, and travel free on an adults lap.
DepartureState Highway 8, Tekapo Aerodrome, Lake Tekapo 7945
Not Included15 minute helicopter scenic flight4x4 TourAccommodationAccommodation Pickup and dropoffAirport TransfersAll MealsAlpine LandingAttractionBarossa ValleyBeach LandingBoat TourBreakfastBreakfast or LunchBungle BunglesCable Car TripCape LevequeCoach TourCygnet BayDinnerDolphin DiscoveryFerry TripFull day Bus TourGlacier LandingGreat Barrier ReefHeart ReefHelicopter FlightHiking TourHorizontal FallsJet Boat TourKakadu National ParkKata Tjuta (The Olgas)Katherine GorgeKayak TourKings CanyonLunchLunch (Full day only)Mount MaunganuiMt ConnerNo Booking or Credit Card FeesOptional Helicopter Flight (extra cost)Optional Lunch Stop (extra cost)Optional Winery Lunch (extra cost)Orakei KorakoPort Arthur Harbour CruiseRail TourRefreshmentsRod and TackleSnacksUluru/Ayers RockVolcano LandingWater and soft drinksWhale WatchingWhitehaven Beach