Kakadu in a Day ex Darwin
From $849 per person
Kakadu in a Day ex Darwin
Kakadu – Warradjun Culture Centre – Yellow Water Cruise
This iconic tour is ideal for the time poor, especially when considering the long distances involved. Of course the bonus of aircraft travel is not just limited to saving time. It is really about the extraordinary views. You will see the Arafura Coast – vast floodplains – winding rivers, and stunning Arnhem Land Plateau. Before arriving on the ground in Kakadu National Park. All this, before your return scenic flight and still be back in Darwin for late afternoon and evening activities.
This Scenic Air tour is the perfect lazy visit to Kakadu and includes:
- Departing Darwin at 9:00am with over two hours of spectacular aerial sightseeing.
- Outbound is the extended flight tracking first over Adelaide River, then Mary River, then Kakadu’s West, South & East Alligator Rivers.
- With all the of these rivers winding a confused path across the flatlands, coastal mangroves hold back massive floodplains in the wet, some retaining water throughout the dry season, resulting in variations of vegetation and a kaleidoscope of colour.
- The Arnhem Land Plateau stands proud on the Eastern side of Kakadu, its 1.6 billion year age illustrated by the amazing erosion; its simply stunning.
- Landing at Cooinda lodge, for a spot of Lunch at the Barra Bar & Bistro.
- Followed by a visit to the Warradjun Aboriginal Visitor Centre.
- Then a cruise on Kakadu’s must do Yellow Water Billabong before returning to Darwin.
- The shorter return flight first discovers the upper South Alligator River and flood plains before tracking towards Darwin. A growing number of 5 acre rural residential blocks, the the sprawling cities of Palmerston and Darwin welcome us back usually before 4:00pm.
Scheduled tour times may vary due to the season or operator requirements.
Price includes: Scenic flight(s) to/from Kakadu, Yellow Waters Cruise, lunch, park entry fee and a visit to the Warradjun Aboriginal Culture Centre (free to public).
Price does not include: Personal items, transport to/from Darwin Airport.
Departure2 Slade Ct, Darwin
IncludedBoat TourKakadu National ParkLunchScenic Flight
Not Included15 minute helicopter scenic flight4x4 TourAccommodationAccommodation Pickup and dropoffAirport TransfersAll MealsAlpine LandingAttractionBarossa ValleyBeach LandingBreakfastBreakfast or LunchBungle BunglesCable Car TripCape LevequeCoach TourCygnet BayDinnerDolphin DiscoveryFerry TripFull day Bus TourGlacier LandingGreat Barrier ReefHeart ReefHelicopter FlightHiking TourHorizontal FallsJet Boat TourKata Tjuta (The Olgas)Katherine GorgeKayak TourKings CanyonLunch (Full day only)Mount MaunganuiMt ConnerNo Booking or Credit Card FeesOptional Helicopter Flight (extra cost)Optional Lunch Stop (extra cost)Optional Winery Lunch (extra cost)Orakei KorakoPort Arthur Harbour CruiseRail TourRefreshmentsRod and TackleSnacksUluru/Ayers RockVolcano LandingWater and soft drinksWhale WatchingWhitehaven Beach