Kununurra – Mitchell Falls Hike & Heli Adventure
From $1495 per person
Available Days: Monday, Wednesday and Saturday
- Take off in our fixed wing aircraft flying along the lower Ord River in search of massive salt water crocodiles.
- Weave above the high red cliffs of the Berkeley River Gorge and the exclusive Berkeley River Lodge. Marvel at the sight of the rugged Kimberley coastline in search of sea turtles, crocodiles and dugongs.
- Be amazed by the pristine Kimberley coast, learning about the pearling industry, the WWII Truscott Airbase and the Kalumburu Aboriginal Community.
- Touch down at the remote Mitchell Plateau Airstrip. Experience driving along one of the most renowned and remote Kimberley tracks in our comfortable 4wd vehicle. Get a small taste of the rugged terrain and see the amazing endangered livistona palms up close.
- Be guided by your Pilot/Tour Guide for a 4km hike travelling past waterfalls and ancient Bradshaw rock art before arriving at the unforgettable Mitchell Falls. Be rejuvenated after a refreshing swim in one of the waterholes.
- Enjoy your gourmet picnic lunch with a complimentary Matso’s Ginger Beer whilst being mesmerised by the view. Capture the perfect postcard picture here!
- Get excited as you board HeliSpirit’s helicopter for your scenic flight over the falls back to where you started your hike. This is the ultimate way to get up close to see this unique natural icon!
- Top off a great day with a spectacular view of the Cockburn Ranges and the unique tidal flats surrounding Wyndham.
This tour is on request, we will confirm availability within the shortest possible time after we receive your request.
The hike has a Class 5 rating and requires a high level of fitness. The trail is mainly in the direct sun with minimal shade. Parts of the trail involve climbing over rocks, uneven ground and a water crossing. We allow 2 hours to complete the 4km hike. If you have concerns regarding your hiking ability our Mitchell Falls Coastal Adventure is a good alternative.
DepartureKununurra Airport, Kununurra, Western Australia
IncludedHelicopter FlightHiking TourScenic Flight
Not Included15 minute helicopter scenic flight4x4 TourAccommodationAccommodation Pickup and dropoffAirport TransfersAll MealsAlpine LandingAttractionBarossa ValleyBeach LandingBoat TourBreakfastBreakfast or LunchBungle BunglesCable Car TripCape LevequeCoach TourCygnet BayDinnerDolphin DiscoveryFerry TripFull day Bus TourGlacier LandingGreat Barrier ReefHeart ReefHorizontal FallsJet Boat TourKakadu National ParkKata Tjuta (The Olgas)Katherine GorgeKayak TourKings CanyonLunchLunch (Full day only)Mount MaunganuiMt ConnerNo Booking or Credit Card FeesOptional Helicopter Flight (extra cost)Optional Lunch Stop (extra cost)Optional Winery Lunch (extra cost)Orakei KorakoPort Arthur Harbour CruiseRail TourRefreshmentsRod and TackleSnacksUluru/Ayers RockVolcano LandingWater and soft drinksWhale WatchingWhitehaven Beach