Mitchell Falls Explorer – Dry Season
From $1890 per person
Visit an ancient frontier by flying to the remote and spectacular Prince Regent Region and the stunning Mitchell Falls
- Departing Broome, we track North across King Sound, home to Australia’s largest tides, fly over Walcott Inlet, the rarely seen Harding Range, and the Prince Regent River, before landing at Mitchell Plateau airstrip. After morning tea and refreshments, experience driving along one of the most remote Kimberley tracks in our comfortably air-conditioned 4WD through the vast ancient Livistona Palm forest.
- Guided by your Pilot/Tour Guide, enjoy a 4km walk travelling past majestic waterfalls, spell-binding gorges, Aboriginal rock art and sites of cultural significance to the Wunambal people.
- Admire the unforgettable view of Mitchell Falls whilst you enjoy a gourmet picnic lunch.
- After exploring the falls, a refreshing swim and photo opportunities, enjoy a short helicopter scenic flight with HeliSpirit over the majestic Mitchell Falls and Mertens Gorge and be transferred back to the campsite.
- On the homeward flight, we track the coastline past Kuri Bay, home to the Paspaley Pearl Farm and the beautiful Montgomery Reef.
- Fly over Horizontal Waterfalls described by David Attenborough as the 8th Natural Wonder of the World. Marvel at the stunning Buccaneer Archipelago and its 1,000 islands and the stunning northern tip of the Dampier Peninsula, Cape Leveque.
- Coastal return flight along the bays and beaches of the Dampier Peninsula with views of Beagle Bay, James Price Point, Willie Creek Pearl Farm and world-famous Cable Beach as the sun sets over the Indian Ocean.
- Morning Tea & Lunch provided.
- *The 4km walk from Punamii-unpuu camp site to the Mitchell Falls will be the highlight of your stay, we allow 2-hours to complete the hike. The terrain on this walking trail can be difficult and requires a high level of fitness. Care should be taken due to uneven surfaces, water crossings, cliffs and gorges. The Horizontal Waterfalls is a natural phenomenon which is tide dependant with variable flow. We cannot guarantee the amount or level of water flowing through the Horizontal Waterfalls at any given time.
Included4x4 TourAirport TransfersHelicopter FlightLunchScenic Flight
Not Included15 minute helicopter scenic flightAccommodationAccommodation Pickup and dropoffAll MealsAlpine LandingAttractionBarossa ValleyBeach LandingBoat TourBreakfastBreakfast or LunchBungle BunglesCable Car TripCape LevequeCoach TourCygnet BayDinnerDolphin DiscoveryFerry TripFull day Bus TourGlacier LandingGreat Barrier ReefHeart ReefHiking TourHorizontal FallsJet Boat TourKakadu National ParkKata Tjuta (The Olgas)Katherine GorgeKayak TourKings CanyonLunch (Full day only)Mount MaunganuiMt ConnerNo Booking or Credit Card FeesOptional Helicopter Flight (extra cost)Optional Lunch Stop (extra cost)Optional Winery Lunch (extra cost)Orakei KorakoPort Arthur Harbour CruiseRail TourRefreshmentsRod and TackleSnacksUluru/Ayers RockVolcano LandingWater and soft drinksWhale WatchingWhitehaven Beach