Sunday Island Explorer
From $1290 per person
Discover the beauty and culture of this amazing region on this full-day tour
- Departing Broome, we fly North East over the Dampier Peninsula to Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm, home of the Australian Pearl.
- On arrival, transfer from the airstrip to meet Jawi guide Rosanna Angus for a cultural adventure island hopping by boat exploring tranquil
unspoilt locations whilst learning about the cultural and environmental significance of the spectacular marine reserve.
- Experience the Journey of the Tide Drifters as you retrace the ocean journey from Bardi Country on the mainland through the network of
islands and tidal passages that make up Jawi Country.
- The cultural saltwater adventure includes a brief visit to beautiful Middle Beach, learning about the story behind the establishment of
Ardyaloon and its connection to Sunday Island. Navigating Pearl Passage, experience the turbulent waters of this narrow pass between
Jooloom and Jayirri islands and discover its cultural significance.
- Arriving at Ewuny (Sunday Island), learn about the Sunday Island Mission, home to many Jawi and Bardi people until its closure in 1962.
- Visit Goodngarngoon, place of running water, a place of great cultural importance to the Bardi Jawi people. Followed by a visit to Oolin
Beach, which holds important cultural and dreamtimes stories for Morning Tea, swim and relax on a stunning secluded beach.
- The return journey takes you through some of Australia’s most untouched wilderness, abundant with wildlife, search for dugongs, manta
rays, sea turtles, hammerhead and tiger sharks as well as countless migratory birds and territorial birds of prey.
- On returning to Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm, enjoy lunch at their on-site restraurant followed by a Pearl Farm Discovery Tour learning about the
history of Cygnet Bay and how they culture some of the finest pearls in the world.
- After a return to the airstrip, we depart for a scenic flight overhead One Arm Point, Middle Passage, Sunday Island exploring the very places
visited on your Oolin Sunday Island tour from above marvelling at the stunning colours of the Buccaneer Archipelago.
- Overfly the Horizontal Falls before tracking back over the 1,000 island archipelago, overhead Cape Leveque and a stunning low level coastal
flight back to Broome exploring the many beautiful bays and beaches of the Dampier Peninsula.
Please Note: The Horizontal Waterfalls is a natural phenomenon which is tide dependant with variable flow. Whilst we do our very best to arrive at a time of optimum flow, we cannot guarantee the amount or level of water flowing through the Horizontal Waterfalls at any given time.
IncludedAirport TransfersBoat TourCygnet BayHorizontal FallsLunchScenic Flight
Not Included15 minute helicopter scenic flight4x4 TourAccommodationAccommodation Pickup and dropoffAll MealsAlpine LandingAttractionBarossa ValleyBeach LandingBreakfastBreakfast or LunchBungle BunglesCable Car TripCape LevequeCoach TourDinnerDolphin DiscoveryFerry TripFull day Bus TourGlacier LandingGreat Barrier ReefHeart ReefHelicopter FlightHiking TourJet Boat TourKakadu National ParkKata Tjuta (The Olgas)Katherine GorgeKayak TourKings CanyonLunch (Full day only)Mount MaunganuiMt ConnerNo Booking or Credit Card FeesOptional Helicopter Flight (extra cost)Optional Lunch Stop (extra cost)Optional Winery Lunch (extra cost)Orakei KorakoPort Arthur Harbour CruiseRail TourRefreshmentsRod and TackleSnacksUluru/Ayers RockVolcano LandingWater and soft drinksWhale WatchingWhitehaven Beach